Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Felt!

About a week ago, I had an urge to make some wee felt balls, I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet, maybe string them up to make a garland?

P2190315

And then, with the wool left over from my blanket, and some purple wool I had from Christmas gifts, I made three wee felt bowls using this pattern.

P2180188

Here's how they started out, and after a wash cycle in the machine with a towel for company, they shrunk up into firm, fuzzy wee bowls. (This is the merino fibre for sale in my felt store, it felts beautifully too!)

P2190289

P2190279

P2190301

P2190294


P2190312

I think my washing machine will be acquainting itself with more wool in the future!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, these are so sweet, the sort of thing my wee lady who is all of 1.5 years old would love sorting and moving from one bowl to another. they look like eggs... hhhmmmmm the wedding photos are inspirational- I have yet to tie the knot so to speak. but thanks for sharing them. gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the great felting ideas, I'm definately going to try making those wee bowls too. Your baking looks YUM, no good for me trying to loose my baby weight I think I'm gonna have to try that pistachio slice, mmmm. Did you know we have the same tea set :) http://greenvalleycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/02/good-ol-blueberry.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog.
    spinning bikes

    ReplyDelete

  4. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information
    best uk spinning bike

    ReplyDelete