I've alluded to this before, showing some photos of spun fibre, but I never really posted the project. I think I was worried if I put it out here I would doom it to lie unfinished forever in a pile at the bottom of my studio. As it is it's been finished for months, I just had to weave in the ends and wash it. Why it took this long, who knows? I almost feel ready to embark on another!!
I can't remember the book I got this pattern from, I started it so long ago! I also don't know how many stitches I cast on, just till it 'felt wide enough'. I think there is about 150 to 200 stitches. Basically you knit stocking stitch for 12 rows, increase into every stitch and knit for 12 rows, then knit two together across the next row and knit for 12 rows. If anyone wants more detailed info I will hunt the book down for you, just let me know!
Each skinny section took 3 hours knitting, the bigger sections, double that. There are 19 pattern repeats, so it took roughly 175 hours to knit. I don't know how long it took to spin the wool though. I spent a lot of time working on this project, and it travelled a lot of places with us!
And now I will just let the pictures do the talking!