Wednesday, 20 January 2010

The Dress

We're back from getting married, back from the honeymoon, back to a puppy-dog with an infected neck (that Auckland humidity), an overgrown garden and 40 kg of peaches that snapped a branch off the tree. Is it possible that married life is better than just being engaged?

But I thought you might like to see a photo of the dress?

The 400 hours, made a hole in my index finger which still opens up when I handstitch, heirloom (when the thin lizzy comes out of the inside-thanks Mum!) dress.





Here it is after "finishing" it. When I got it home, Mum and Olivia pinned up the hem, and I had a few more hooks and eyes to sew on. I actually ended up stitching on the morning of too, I stitched down the wee hanger ribbons so they wouldn't ride over the top of the dress while I was wearing it.

Did you want to see it on? Well o.k. then!

Glenn Bisdee and his wife Thalassa shot our wedding photos, and I can't recommend them enough! You can check out a few online here, though you can be sure I will put some more up over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! You must be so pleased with it. Lovely photos too. Looks like it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was totally scavenging for shots on facebook.. some people who went to your wedding put a few up. I was stoked! Looks like a great day, you were GORGEOUS and the groom handsome. The dress is divine. Big ups for that, not sure i would have have persevered like you. 400 hours! O goodness me. Kylie and I liked your colour scheme and the pom pom type decorations across the ceiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Stunning dress and gorgeous pics, hope you had an amazing day :)

    ReplyDelete