Thursday, 4 June 2009

A New Challenge


oh hi

Things have been a bit quiet around these parts lately- a reflection of how things are a bit quiet on the crafty front at home too. I'm still going to my patchwork class, but taking along my dress to work on- the only sewing time I'm getting. I'm almost finished the mock-up, and I promise one more photo of me in it before the wedding. After that? Maybe just fabric shots.

But the challenge? A house that's had 'one lady owner' for the past 19 years. It's got some pretty awesome decor, including this makes-your-teeth-hurt-yellow kitchen.



The best part? Tomorrow it will be all ours! (Well, mainly the banks, but in our name.) So this weekend we start the DIY- ripping up the carpet so Shane the sander man can polish up the beautiful Tawa floors next week.

So if I'm absent the next wee while, it's not because nothings happening, it's because lots is! I plan to make blogging time though, so stay tuned for all sorts of exciting develpoments.

(Thanks also to those who have commented lately. To all you spinners, I have 4 packs of the red and brown wool sitting ready to go onto etsy or felt. I haven't got that far yet, but if your peddling foot's got the itch and you need something to spin let me know, and we can work something out!)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house!! I like those kitchen cupboards, and the phone nook!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! SQUEEEE! So excited for you! O your new house. You should def blog, don't forget before/after shots and and and... OOOoooo very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete