Friday, 14 September 2012

Fibre Friday :: Stripe Study

I cast on for the stripe study on my way to Knit August Nights, so the 23rdish. Luckily it took the plane 3 attempts to land in Napier, so I got extra knitting time. I was a little concerned we were going to have to land in New Plymouth and get a bus, because kitting on a bus makes me motion sick.

_MG_9523

Garter stitch, short rows, memorising the pattern two rows in made this a very portable knit. It's also forgiving so if you knit one extra stitch, it doesn't really matter.

_MG_9525

I am using my new Silk Merino Luxury yarn- it's a 4ply / fingering weight. And it's beautiful, if I may say so myself.

_MG_9526

I cast off last night, so a good firm blocking is in order today, and I'll get back to you with some finished photos.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Happily, you can find both of these colours in the shop, in 4ply weight of course. The pattern uses one ball of each!