Saturday, 15 January 2011

Time for a little Dutch feature wall

I think it's a feature wall because all those windmills would have been a bit much in such a small room!

_MG_3025

I bet it looked awesome when it was done. So modern and cutting edge. What a risky choice.

I wonder what The Homeowner will be saying 30 years from now about our decisions?!

That mirror tile is coming down. I think when they put the mirror tile wall into the bathroom - another excellent decorating choice- they must have had a few left over, because they're stuck all over the house. I'm a bit concerned about cracking it as we pry it off the wall. Because 7 years bad luck is all anyone needs while they're renovating.

_MG_2999

Needless to say we discovered it under the layer of orange and yellow geometric paper that is currently gracing the office/spare room. (1970, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!)

2011-01-15

Helper dog spent most of his time supervising. (Actually in the interests of full disclosure, I just took the photos while Mr Husband did the hard work. I was in the middle of making a batch of muffins I forgot to put the sugar in.)

1 comment:

  1. what gets me is those feature walls and geometric patterns never look exactly straight/ square.
    Maybe back in the 70s people's glasses were a bit squew wiff?
    Great to get on to this you will love the results.

    ReplyDelete