Anyway I thought I'd share some of the projects I've completed over the next few weeks.
I cut out the pattern for this dress from a Burda sewing magazine from the Library at Easter time in Golden Bay. I have no idea what issue or pattern number this is, but I can send you a lunch-paper-tracing of the size 8 (I wear a Glassons 10 most of the time) if you're a kiwi, just let me know.
I made the dress a bit shorter than the pattern is, and am really really happy with how it turned out. I also made a top version of this dress, but I think it falls better as a dress or tunic top. I've also made some alterations to the bust- for the next top I made it a wincy bit higher, and on the next iteration I plan to curve it and make it more scoop neck.
Actually, that's what I might go and do right now!
Enjoy the rest of your labour day!