Monday, 25 October 2010

Sewing Sunday

We've got a friend living with us at the moment while she hunts for a job in Christchurch. She's a new sewer, and on the weekends we've been busting out the sewing machines, and I've been imparting some of my 'wisdom' (and bad sewing habits!). I've really been enjoying the sewing we've been doing, I have sewn anything for so so long.

Anyway I thought I'd share some of the projects I've completed over the next few weeks.

I cut out the pattern for this dress from a Burda sewing magazine from the Library at Easter time in Golden Bay. I have no idea what issue or pattern number this is, but I can send you a lunch-paper-tracing of the size 8 (I wear a Glassons 10 most of the time) if you're a kiwi, just let me know.

_MG_0178

I made the dress a bit shorter than the pattern is, and am really really happy with how it turned out. I also made a top version of this dress, but I think it falls better as a dress or tunic top. I've also made some alterations to the bust- for the next top I made it a wincy bit higher, and on the next iteration I plan to curve it and make it more scoop neck.

Actually, that's what I might go and do right now!

Enjoy the rest of your labour day!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooo could I please pretty please grab a copy? It's gorgeous!! Will email you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is stunning - would love a copy of the pattern. Pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete