Thursday, 25 March 2010

Hottest Baker: Chocolate Dessert

Gosh, I've been busy and therefore absent this week! I haven't had a chance to make the orange chocolate mousse (and I couldn't find the recipe online), but wanted to share with you my chocolate dessert (with TERRIBLE photos!)

Chocolate Hot Pots (Thanks to Louise for the recipe)

125g butter
175g dark chocolate

Melt together in a small pot.

2 eggs
3/4 c sugar

Beat till frothy. Add melted chocolate and beat in 3T flour. Spoon into ramekins and bake at 200*C for 20 mins.

So simple and... I have to admit I've made them so many times in the last 2 weeks I've memorised the ingredients. Hmmm.


P3181795

I made them into little tarts for this challenge, in a simple pastry case.

P3181807

P3181804

They were delicious, but I think I'd recommend you to make them in the ramekins first.

P3181820

I don't think I'll be doing another Hottest Baker week- the last episode, which I'm currently watching, gave contestants an opportunity to make two recipes of their choice to showcase what they've learnt. However I'm going take an ongoing (self-imposed) food challenge and post recipes fortnightly. Mum bought me a subscription for 'dish' magazine, and I plan to cook two recipes a month (minimum!) out of each one. The other thing I learnt through this challenge is how much I like foodie photography! So I'll continue to take photos of my cooking and post them up.

Thanks for humouring me as I played along. However I don't think I would have stood up to scrutiny on the show, and I won't be applying for the next round. You might though......?

1 comment:

  1. Thats nice. Seems to be yummy.

    Take the Dessert Personality Test and find out your personality on the basis of your favorite dessert. Take the test and have fun.

    ReplyDelete