The program is as follows:
- Novelty Spinning
- Knitting where you will pass it on after you have done 4 rows, and these pieces will be used to make blankets for Kidz First.
- Longest thread, we will supply all fibre for this and a time will be set for you to spin and whoever spins the longest thread wins a prize.
LUNCH: This will be provided in your entry cost and will be in the form of a ploughman’s lunch.
- Navajo Plying – you will need a bobbin with fibre on and an empty one.
- Casting on a Moebius scarf, pattern supplied.
- Casting on for toe up socks, you can bring your own but Area will have pattern, wool, and needle kits to purchase.
You can find out some more details about it here, and I will be having my first market stall as 'spinning a yarn' at the spin-in. I will have merino and silk sliver, as well as silk hankies, for sale. It would be lovely to meet any of you who are in the Auckland area, and promises to be an interesting (and at $7, affordable) day out.