Monday, 17 December 2012

:: Renovation :: The Laundry ::

Oh laundry, you poor tired YELLOW space. Oh you were so YELLOW and for such a long time.

P5132937

_MG_3965 
After a little laundry love.

 It's amazing what a little white paint can do!

_MG_7303

I was very proud of  myself for plumbing in the new tub. The plumber left the pipes sticking out of the wall and a list of instructions and I got it all hooked up on my own! Yay!

_MG_7194

We painted those sliding doors white and I made a blind for in front of the tall cupboard.

_MG_7306

On the wall above the sink I put these two pages from old magazines in frames. I found the magazines in the top of one of the wardrobes when we moved in, and thought this laundry advice (Wash Day Helps) was appropriate!

_MG_7299_MG_7293

"Modern appliances have taken  much of the grind out of wash-day"

So that was the last room in the house in Auckland that we upgraded. It was such a refreshing change! Looking at these photos makes me want to get stuck in to the house we are in now!

No comments:

Post a Comment