Conserving colour change
By Navajo Plying
I certainly wasn't an exclusive fibre crafter in '08, that wasn't the aim. The goal was to extend my skills in one particular area, which is also something I won't stop doing, but in 2009 my focus is changing.
Introducing '2009: The Year of the Quilt'
One area I dabbled in last year was quilting. I got myself kitted out with a few of the basics, rotary cutter, self healing mat. I also created a few UFO's. Where I personally think I shined was the two quilts I made to commemorate my Nana.
So this year I wanted to write some goals down here, so I have something to reflect on in a year, and some direction during the year.
1. I want to finish the UFO's. I'd like to finish them before I move on to anything new.
2. I want to continue to up skill- try different techniques and purchase a few new tools.
3. In keeping with 2. I would like to take some formal instruction - perhaps a night class or two at the local high school.
4. I would like to finish 6 quilts to a high standard over the next 12 months. I would like them all to include new skills and techniques.
5. I want to try some free motion quilting. (This involves some repair work on my sewing machine.)
So, a modest set of goals, which are open enough for me to explore quilting in the next 12 months. Well done if you got to the end of this, and tell me, what are your crafting goals for 2009? Feel free to do a similar post, and please link to it - I would love to hear what direction the New Year is taking you in!