Thursday, 18 December 2008

Last Minute Gift #1

I've got all my gifts finished, and wrapped, as I left Auckland for Golden Bay yesterday, though it was a mad dash to get it all done (isn't it always?!). I want to share a few last minute gifts I made in the hope it may help you out.

The Man-Shirt

My sister and I had the same great idea (independently, I might add) to make our brother Sam a shirt with a deer on the front. We even picked the same t-shirt from Hallensteins to do it on, though luckily in different colours!

I found a stncil image on google an traced around it to get the shape, them cut it out in 'Steam-a-Seam', and ironed it onto the fabric, this is linen.

Then I cut out the shape in the fabric and ironed it onto the t-shirt.

(Sorry for the crappy image, I've only just realised it's a bit blurry)
Then I zig-zagged around the image, giving it a quick press before the photo shoot and wrapping it up. It took approximately 1.5 hours to make.

Luckily I executed mine first, so Olivia's planning a new theme for her shirt!
:: I'm on holiday in Golden Bay till the 8th of Janruary, so expect coverage to be patchy. I hope you are all enjoying the wind-up to the festive season with family and friends ::

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I love it. (And I'm sure he will, too.)

    ReplyDelete